Arizona is known for many things. From baseball, to the Grand Canyon, to the deserts and amazing restaurants and retail, we have it all. According to the Office of Tourism, over 40 million visitors came to Arizona last year alone. Now, that is a staggering number. With cities like Phoenix and Scottsdale, Tempe and Tucson, it’s no wonder people are flocking to the state. And as far as the Arizona spa scene, that too is among the most popular in the nation.
At Inspire Day Spa we thought it would be fun to check out the spa scene in other states. Are they as popular as the spas in Arizona? We actually wanted to create a ranking of day spa popularity according to state. How do you think Arizona spas fared?
Arizona Spa Scene; How Does it Measure Up?
According to an ABC News piece Americans no longer consider spas a luxury—for many they are a necessity, a part of their everyday lives. We love this! So how did Arizona spas do in our impromptu list? Here is a ranking of day spa popularity by state. (This is not scientific as it is based off our own research and industry expertise. Just for fun!)
- The Sunshine State seems to be the number one state in terms of spa popularity. In a 2016 poll on the best spas in America, California boasted a whopping 17 of them.
- There we are. According to what we discovered, Arizona also holds some records as far as most visited spas and state in which tourists tend to take advantage of day spas the most while on vacation.
- New Mexico. It seems the west coast has a bit of an edge when it comes to spa visits. In a recent Travel and Leisure survey of America’s top ten spas, New Mexico based spas were featured twice.
- New York. There’s an eastern state. Those who live and work in NYC, certainly could use a break now and then at a luxurious day spa.
- Go big or go home seems to be the state motto. The spas are no exception.
Inspire Day Spa: The Arizona Spa Definitely Worth Visiting!
We pride ourselves on catering to locals and tourists alike. From facials, to hot stone massage, to body scrubs, we have something for everyone. If you want to check out why the spa scene is so popular in Arizona, we urge you to visit our spa for men and women, or stop by our sister spa New Serenity Spa. Our friendly staff is eager to welcome you!